OPENING DAY OF CHILD CARE MONDAY, AUGUST 31st
Lakeview School District is working diligently to provide a safe and supportive full day child care service with the safety of both students and staff in mind. In accordance with guidance from the Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Child Care Guidelines and Lakeview Return to School, these plans include having tools and resources needed to open and provide services safely. The most effective way to provide services is to practice social distancing, complete temperature checks, disinfect/sanitize, provide protective equipment (PPE) for staff and students, and train staff to follow health and safety guidelines of the District and child care licensing. These protocols are discussed in detail below.For additional information, please contact Mary Dolbee, firstname.lastname@example.org, (269) 565-2405.
HOURS OF OPERATION
The Child Care Program will provide services for students enrolled in the Young 5’s program through 4th grade from 8:30 am - 3:30 pm. Enrollment is on limited and on a first come, first serve basis. Parents who wish to utilize this full day care will need to submit an application and pay the first week's tuition in advance of attendance.
CHILD CARE SITES
- Westlake Elementary, serving children who normally attend Westlake and Prairieview Elementary schools
- Riverside Elementary, serving children who normally attend Riverside and Minges Elementary schools
- Tuition is charged on a weekly basis and due each Friday, by check or Money order to site supervisor, or have weekly automatic payments withdrawn from a credit card
- Parents may also pay online themselves at myprocare.com
- Daily rate: $20.00
- Weekly rate: $80.00
- Breakfast, lunch and afternoon snacks will be provided at no charge.
- Please inform us if your child has special dietary needs or allergies to food.
- Children will wash hands with soap and water prior to breakfast, lunch and snack, as well as after each bathroom use.
- Children will use the bathroom one at a time to avoid congregating.
- In addition to hand washing, children will have the use of hand sanitizer and stations will be set up at commonly used places within the building.
- Children will be separated into groups according to grade and interact with those specific children throughout their day.
- Groups will be maintained from day to day to help reduce potential exposures.
- We will comply with our state license ratio of 1 staff member per 18 children.
- Breakfast will be served between 8:30 -9:00 am. Children will eat outside at picnic tables, or in the cafeteria with tables spread out and students staggered for social distancing.
- Virtual learning will take place during the morning, and children will go to areas within the building or outdoors with their group.
- Child care staff are not teachers, but will be available to guide students and assist with their virtual learning to the best of our ability. We ask that parents remain engaged with their child’s virtual learning, checking to make sure homework is completed each day and students are on track.
- Lunch will be served between 11:30 - 12:00 pm Children will eat outside at picnic tables, or in the cafeteria with tables spread out and students staggered for social distancing.
- Afternoon will include staff planned enrichment activities such as arts and crafts, table games, and outdoor play on the playground.
- Monthly calendars of activities will be available at each center.
- Each child is asked to bring their own backpacks each day with name clearly marked.
- Child care will provide face masks for each child, or they may bring theirs from home if desired.
- Children can bring their own water bottles to refill at our fountain stations, or we will provide a water bottle from the District.
- Children need to bring a change of clothes
- Children are asked to bring their own devices for use during virtual learning time, internet is available at each child care site. Please inform us if your child does NOT have a device, we will supply them with one during the day.
- Please bring sunscreen for your child with name clearly labeled. Please apply sunscreen at home in the morning and we will reapply after lunch for outdoor activities.
- Children will be supplied with their own markers, crayons, glue stick, paper etc. They will be stored in a large plastic bag with their name for individual use each day.
- Please make sure your child is prepared for outdoor activities each day. Closed toed shoes, light jacket or sweater and comfortable clothes are encouraged.
- Please label with first and last name all items brought from home.
ITEMS FROM HOME
- Please do not bring equipment from home for outside playground use.
- Please do not bring items from home such as toys, games, stuffed animals etc to reduce the spread of the virus.
- Child care staff cannot be responsible for items lost or broken that came from home.
DROP OFF AND PICK UP PROCEDURES
In an effort to minimize the number of people congregating in an area, we are working out the details of drop off and pick up. When a safe plan is finalized, we will inform parents via email.
MEET THE TEACHER DAYS
Lakeview will be holding meet the teacher days on Wednesday August 26th and Thursday August 27th by appointment at each of the elementary buildings. Please plan to stop by the Child Care table to fill out required paperwork. According to our state license, this paperwork must be completed prior to your child attending on August 31st. We will have a child care representative at each of the schools during this time.